Homemade Ice Blocks September 15 2014
Here is a great idea for making your own yoghurt ice block treats for your little ones. These little treats can also be a nice refreshing, soothing feel on those babies gums who are teething.
1. Buy the right yoghurt for your baby. Most babies can start eating plain, unsweetened, pasteurized, whole-milk yogurt after they start eating solids at around 6 months. Plain Greek yogurt is fine too. Avoid flavoured fruit yoghurts that contain fruit as these are likely to have added sweeteners. Also avoid low fat yoghurt as small babies need the calories from fat.
2. Make a small opening in the top of the small yoghurt containers with a craft knife or sharp knife.
3. Push a popsicle stick into the hole and make sure it is resting just above the bottom of the container.
4. Pop the containers in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
5. Peel off the lid carefully around the sealed edges of the container. Then pull out the delicious ice block, remove the lid entirely from the stick and pass to your little one to enjoy. :)